Sunday, February 21, 2016

Extension capabilities of AX 7 (in CTP 8) – Menu


In my last post, I had discussed about extension capabilities of Form. In this post I will cover extension capabilities of Menu.

There are many menu extension examples available in AX7.

I will take example of AccountPayable.workspace.




To demonstrate all the capabilities I have created a new extension of Account Receivable menu : AccountsReceivable.FDDXXXExtension
By default when you create an extension, its name will be <ParentObject.extension>. You can rename it as you want.

You can do the following in the AX 7 menuextensions:

Add new submenu:

I have added new submenu VINSubmenuExample to AccountsReceivable.FDDXXXExtension.


Add new MenuItemReference:

I have added new MenuItemReference VINMenuItemReferernceExample to AccountsReceivable.FDDXXXExtension.


In the properties, you define the Menu Item Type, Menu Item Name etc.
Though Show parent module, Display In Content Area properties are available but I could not see any effect of changing those properties.


Add new Seperator:

I have added new separator VINSeperatorExample to AccountsReceivable.FDDXXXExtension.




Though you can add the separator but it doesn't show up in UI.


Add new Menu Element Tile:

Ax 7 has new element called tiles. Example is CustomerInvoiceWorkSpaceTile

I have added new tile VINMenuElementTileExample to AccountsReceivable.FDDXXXExtension.

Add new Menu reference:

I have added new menu reference VINMenuReferenceExample to AccountsReceivable.FDDXXXExtension.



Following screenshot shows, how it looks in UI:











No comments:

Post a Comment